ATvantage is seeking independent contractor athletic trainers for part time work in the Greater Salt Lake City area in the secondary school setting.
The Athletic Trainer (AT) works independently to perform the full range of clinical athletic training functions, which include development, planning, organizing and delivery of athletic training services to student-athletes. The AT will work in collaboration with staff, coaches, athletic director, administrators, physicians and/or other staff to discharge their duties. The AT is also involved in the ongoing development and improvement of the site sports medicine program and may provide recommendations and direction as needed.
Education and certifications requirements:
- Degree in Athletic Training
- Personal Professional Liability insurance
- NATA BOC Certified & State Licensed, as needed
- Good standing with NATA
- CPR/First Aid/ AED for Healthcare Providers
- Working knowledge of NATA Position Statements & BOC Best Practices
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Attend practices and athletic events as agreed to by the staff, coaches, and athletic director.
- Conduct an initial assessment of an athlete’s injury or illness in order to provide emergency treatment and/or continued care – documentation of all evaluations, regardless of findings
- Use a variety of therapeutic modalities including, but not limited to, heat, cold, light, sound, electricity, and rehabilitation & exercise equipment, and apply bandages, tapes and braces to treat and/or prevent injuries. Report & document treatments as necessary.
- Provide referrals to physicians, health services, hospitals and other health professionals as needed.
- Function as a liaison and foster an environment of communication and collaboration between physicians, coaches, parents, student-athlete and administration.
- Consult and coordinate with staff, coaches, athletic directors and/or other health professionals on injuries, status, and treatment plans.
- Educate and counsel student-athletes and staff on how to prevent injury and maintain their physical conduction.
- Manage the upkeep, cleanliness, and organization of the athletic training room and other designated areas including inventory, ordering and restocking clinical and clerical supplies as needed.
- Demonstrate cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds of students and staff.
- Ensure safety of student-athletics and staff through enforcement of safety procedures. Make recommendations regarding conditions in accordance with NATA Position Statements & state practice acts (i.e. heat, lightning, concussions, SCA, standing orders, etc).
- Other duties as assigned by the AD, staff, administration
Compensation: $18-$22/hour + $200 CEU Reimbursement
Apply for this Job